Stress is a very common word in today’s lifestyle. From a school going kid to a college student, from a working man to a housewife and from a capitalist person to a person belonging to below poverty line, everyone talks about stress and everyone is stressed. This overrated word must be having some weight in itself hence it is so widely used. What exactly is stress? Stress is basically a response from the body to adjust in a particular environment or situation. Stress can be responded by body physically, mentally and even through emotions. Your body is under stress, this can also be portrayed through thoughts.
What happens which makes us feel that we are stressed or what causes stress?
Stress can be caused because of anything. There are no concrete parameters through which it can be said this happened and hence I am under stress. But there are certain factors that can help us understand why stress happens. Tensions at home or office, problems in the relationship, low scores in exams or low grades, fights with husband or wife, strained relationships with friends, financial problems, boring and non-progressive lifestyle are some of the common problems that can be seen in people who say that they are under stress.
Now when talked about what causes stress, the human body is structured in such a way that anything affecting it from inside, the body reciprocates it by showing symptoms which can at least give a glimpse of a slight knowledge of what and why is happening to the body.
Stress could be a daily part of our life that we have a tendency to could feel attributable to our sounding surroundings or from our body or from our thoughts. The body reacts to those changes with physical, mental, and emotional responses.
The body protects one through stress response it helps you keep targeted, energetic, and alert. In difficult situations, stress saves one’s life by giving them additional strength to defend themselves like urging you to slap on the brakes to avoid an automobile accident. Stress is your body’s method of responding to any reasonable demand or threat.
HOW TO STAY AWAY FROM STRESS: In short how to reduce stress
- Try always to be positive.
- Accept all truth and sometimes the truth can taste biter but one cannot control destiny.
- Be assertive rather than aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs rather than changing into angry, defensive, or passive.
- Practice yoga regularly to for stress management.
- Exercise regularly. Your body will fight stress higher once it’s work.
- Eat at a regular interval, stay healthy by eating healthy foods
- Do a proper routine of the daily work, when and where to do what
- Set limits suitably and learn to mention no to requests that will produce excessive stress in your life.
- Do what you love or like the most, spend more time practicing hobbies, interest, and relaxation.
- Sleep enough as our body needs recovery time from a stressful event.
- Don’t consume alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviors as it increases stress more than reduce it.
- Seek out social support. Pay enough time with those you love like friends or family.
- Seek treatment with a psychologist or other mental health professional trained in stress management or biofeedback techniques to be told heal ways in which of addressing the strain in your life.
Effects of Stress on your body
EXCESSIVE STRESS MAY CAUSE:
- Depression and anxiety
- Lack of Sleep
- Autoimmune diseases
- Digestive issues
- Skin disease
- The heart stops working properly
- Decrease in weight
- Reproductive problems
- Memory loss
It is necessary to know the symptoms and signs because It is very tough to get out of stress as it is addictive and will make you forget how much it’s affecting you. When in stress a human being will have Cognitive Symptoms, Emotional Symptoms, Physical symptoms, Behavioural symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Stress
- Memory loss
- Hard to concentrate
- Poor judgment
- Always worrying
- Anxiety and agitation
- Always moody, getting angry on small things
- Loneliness and isolation
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nausea, dizziness
- Chest pain, increase in heartbeat
- Frequent colds or respiratory disorder
- Eating less than usual
- Sleeping for excessive hours or negligible hours
- Keeping oneself alone
- Procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities
- Consuming alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs
- Nervous habits (e.g. nail biting, pacing)
what causes stress? It’s a Bid Question
What makes someone fall in stress is known as stressors. We always take stressors as being negative, like an exhausting work schedule. However, something that puts high demands on you is stressors. This includes positive events like marrying someone, getting a new house, studies, or receiving a promotion.
Of course, not all stress is caused by external factors. Stress also can be internal or self-generated, after you worry about one thing that will or might not happen, or have demoralized thoughts regarding life.
What causes stress depends on your perception of it. Something that puts you in stress may not put a another person in stress they will even relish they moment like some people feel nervous of getting up in front of people to perform or speak while others live for the spotlight Where one person thrives under pressure and performs best in the face of a tight deadline, another will shut down when work demands escalate. And while you may enjoy helping to care for your elderly parents, your siblings may find the demands of caretaking overwhelming and stressful.
COMMON EXTERNAL CAUSES OF STRESS INCLUDE:
- Drastic changes in life
- Exam pressure
- Relationship difficulties
- Financial issues
- No time for families and friend, being busy all the time
- Not getting supportive children and family
COMMON INTERNAL CAUSES OF STRESS INCLUDE:
- Inability to just accept uncertainty
- Rigid thinking, lack of flexibility
- Negative self-talk
- Unrealistic expectations / disposition
- All-or-nothing angle
When the body is already under so much stress and tension and on top of that consumption of harmful substances will do no good but add on to the misery, hence it is very important to manage it wisely. How can stress be managed? There are various ways through which you can manage your stress and lead a healthy life. Meditation, doing yoga, inculcating any physical activity, perusing your hobby, talking and sharing with people, reading some quality stuff etc are some of the very basic ways that can help you get rid of stress.
Life is very short to spend it on such issues. Issues like stress are not talked or discussed which leads to bigger problems. When at the very start you feel that you are under stress, at that very instant you should adopt measures described above in the article or do what suits you the best to get relieved of this. Leading a life where stress is not there, will add years and happiness to your life and people associated with you. Lead a stress-less life and a happy life!