Nutritional and Medicinal Values of Fruits & Vegetables
- Ash gourd (White pumpkin): It has a lost of nutritional value and also contains plenty of water and no fat whatsoever. It has enormous medicinal properties and is used in Ayurvedic Therapies. Being low in calories it is an ideal vegetable for diabetic patients and good for weight loss. It also acts as a good detoxifying agent. In Ayurveda, this vegetable juice is used effectively in mercury poisoning and snakebites. It can also treat mouth cancer, protecting teeth and its gums. This vegetable is easily digestible and a natural blood purifier for health and also they are good for nutrition.
- Aubergine, Eggplant (Brinjal): it contains some very essential nutrients that are highly beneficial for the human body. It is light in digestion for health, acts as a purgative and helps in obesity. The fruit is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The essential minerals are potassium and magnesium. The vitamin it contains is several like Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, etc.
- Baby Corn: This is very low in fat and a good source of potassium, vitamin C and fiber. This being high in fiber prevents constipation and colon cancer.babycorn is a must in your nutrition.
- Baby onions: They are the best for diseases like cold, asthma and respiratory problems. These onions are known for their curative values from ancient time. Consuming the juice of this onion with honey mixed can relieve sore throat and cough symptoms. The juice can also be used for ears- aches. In Ayurvedic nutritional preparation of medicines, only these small onion are used for better health benefits. In most of the Kerala preparation of dishes also these onions are preferred to the big variety.
- Banana: This fruit is very good for people who are anemic as it contains high levels of iron and can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood. It is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt hence very good for blood pressure. It helps to overcome constipation due to its high fiber content. It also helps in ailments like ulcer, acidity, cardiac disease. It’s a portion of very nourishing food for infants. The nutrition value of banana is much more as compared to other fruits, it has lost of potassium.
- Banana stem: This is supposed to be the waste of the plant yet it is very good for health. It has very high nutritive value. It adds bulk to the food and very useful for people wanting to weightloss. The fiber in it helps in constipation and detoxify the body.
- Biller Gourd or Kerela: This is one vegetable that can help your body be disease-free, due to its disease-preventing and health-promoting phytochemical compound. As its name, it is one of the most bitter of all culinary vegetable.The vegetable is very low in calories, and are rich in dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. The phytonutrient in the plant is known to lower blood sugar levels. This vegetable is used in a number of native medicines.
- Broccoli: Broccoli belongs to the same family as Cauliflower. Like Cauliflower this is low in fat and can fight against cancer. Broccoli contains vitamin C and K. In addition it also provides fiber, folate, manganese, and beta – carotene. This vegetable helps protect from prostate cancer and stroke risks and eye diseases.
- Bottle Gourd: This is one of the most common vegetables used in India, and has a lot of health benefits. It is very good for high blood pressure and heart disease. It is considered to be good for weight loss since, it almost contains 90% of water, and is very low in calories. It’s rich in thiamin, vitamin C, zinc, iron and magnesium thus helping in improving overall health.
- Capsicums: It holds a great degree of nutritional value and has numerous health benefits. It is a very good source for vitamin A, B and C and minerals like calcium and potassium. This a very valuable herb and is used worldwide. It is also good for the entire digestive and other systems of the body.
- Cauliflower: It is low in fat, low in carbohydrates but high in dietary fiber, folate, and vitamin C. And benefits in Possessing high nutritional value and very beneficial to human health. It is very helpful for people suffering from prostate cancer, breast, cervical, colon, and ovarian cancer as it contains several anti-cancer phytochemicals.
- Coconut: This has many health benefits and amazing medicinal properties. Its water is a natural drink for hydration and energy giver. It edible flesh is part of a daily diet of people in Kerala and is used in most of the dishes. All parts of a coconut tree are useful in some way or other. It is rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins and has more than ninety percent saturated fats.
- Coriander Leaves: These leaves when digested it turn sweet and alleviate irritations in the intestine. They stimulate appetite and help in easy digestion too. They have the nutrition of magnesium, potassium, and fiber in plenty. Regular consumption boosts immunity and purifies the blood. This is one herb that is widely cultivated in India. It is also a great herb for skin, to treat pimples and blackheads.
- Drumstick Leaves: The drumstick is not only relished as a vegetable but is used in treatments too for its medicinal value. They are used in the treatment of rheumatism and very good as a circulatory stimulant. The leaves are used in the Poultice for reducing glandular swelling.
- French Beans: Fresh French beans are very low in fat but their nutrition is a good source of vitamins and minerals. They are also a rich source of dietary fiber which acts as a laxative and helps in good digestion. These beans are a very good antioxidant and contain excellent levels of vitamin A, and vitamin C which helps the body to develop resistance against infection.
HEALTH IS WELLNESS
Stay updated with Journalheadlines.com. For more updates share your feedback so we can help you better…..