Avocado is a unique fruit that is found in rather warm climates and has it is in Mexico. Doctors and dieticians suggest the patient eat this fruit as it shows powerful health benefits.
Let’s have a look at the health benefits of Avocado:
- High level of potassium. It has more potassium than Bananas. We know that people don’t get enough potassium from daily things we eat so having Avocados can help them maintain electrical gradients and serves various important functions.
- Good for our Heart. Avocados have Beta Siltosterol which is very good at maintaining a healthy cholesterol level.
- Great for the eyes. As they have two phytochemicals lutein and zeaxanthin which are found in the tissues of eyes provide protection and minimizes the damage including UV rays.
- Prevention from Osteoporosis. Avocado has a high level of Vitamin K which is essential for bone health by reducing urinary excretion of calcium and increasing calcium absorption.
- Good during Pregnancy. Avocado has folate which is very important for a healthy pregnancy by reducing the risk of miscarriage and neural tube defects.
- Lowering the Risk of Depression. Avocados help to build homocysteine that impairs circulation and delivery of nutrients to the brain thus decreasing the risk of depression.
- Improving Digestion Control. Avocado has high fiber hence it helps in preventing Constipation and maintaining a healthy digestive tract, and lower the risk of colon cancer.
The main reason why everyone advice to eat Avocado is because of its high Nutritional Value.
Let’s have a look at the nutritional value of 100 GM Avocado.
- Vitamin K 26%
- Folate 20%
- Vitamin C 17%
- Potassium 14%
- Vitamin B5 14%
- Vitamin B6 13%
- Vitamin E 10%
It also has magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin) but in small amount compared to the above points.
How you can eat Avocado
There are many ways to eat avocado but 5 of them are the most popular which are as follows:
- Cutting the avocado into two halves before throwing away the pit with the help of a spoon. Scoop avocado into a bowl and mash. Add your favorite ingredients.
- Mash the avocado and mix it with lime juice, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic for guacamole.
- One can cut Avocado and add it to a salad.
- One can blend avocado into drinks bananas or milk or even chocolate.
One can store Avocado for long use by covering it up with plastic or sprinkling acid on it. Mashed avocado is better to be covered with water.
Avocado is also found as an oil known as avocado oil which can be used while cooking or moisturizing the skin or hair.
What are the diseases that can be prevented by Avocado?
- OSTEOPOROSIS – Avocado has saponins that help in curing any knee osteoarthritis.
- CANCER – Avocado having folate helps in preventing and curing colon, stomach, pancreatic and cervical cancers.
- CHRONIC DISEASES – High fiber in Avocado helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, and obesity.