Coronaviruses are usually a virus that causes disease in animals. This virus is especially found among bats. This virus has originated in the city Wuhan in a market place and started spreading among humans but mostly has common cold-like symptoms. Coronaviruses usually cause the common cold and other upper respiratory infections. These viruses are described zoonoses, which means they can infect certain animals and spread from one animal to another. A coronavirus can only enter humans if a certain mutation in the virus happens…
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS:-
According to WHO, symptoms of the coronavirus are-
- Dry cough and/or sore throat
- High Fever
- Feeling exhausted
- Difficulty in breathing
Symptoms can appear within two and ten days after catching the virus but sometimes it may take up to 24 days. The virus can be spread by asymptomatic people too i.e. people who have the virus but are not that sick yet. If someone has traveled to China in the last 1 month, or have been in touch or have come close to someone who has a fever or feels unwell, immediately prescribes a doctor and do all the necessary test.
This virus is too are spread via droplets that is when a person coughs or sneezes like other cold and flu. The droplets are either land on surfaces of another human or are picked up on the hands by others when they touch the droplets and thus spread further. When people touch the infected hands to their mouth, nose or eyes the virus immediately enters the body and starts making the person feel weak.
PRECAUTIONS: How to prevent coronavirus
- Keep your hands clean after touching anything by washing with soap and water or a hand sanitizing gel.
- Try not to touch your mouth, nose or eyes with your dirty or unwashed hands
- Carry a hand sanitizer everywhere with you to clean your hand before you eat anything
- Be careful in airports and other public transport systems or anywhere about touching objects or things and then touching your face
- Carry tissues in your pocket to cover your nose and mouth when needed or when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue carefully
- Do not eat or share snacks from packets or bowls, especially when others are dipped their fingers into it.
- Avoid shaking hands or cheek kissing those who are unwell
- Clean not just your hands but all exposed skin or surfaces of your body and devices you touch or handle
Paper face masks are not generally recommended by the NHS to people for a particular reason like not all paper mask has good and they have a particular expiry date and even worse is that they quickly become moist inside which allows the perfect environment for germs to settle. They should be thrown to proper places after using or if someone touches it accidentally will catch a cold.
FUTURE OF CORONAVIRUS:-
There has been no treatment or antiviruses for the new coronaviruses just like there is no vaccine for the common cold. When coronavirus gets severe it might cause pneumonia which inflames the lungs and causes difficulty in breathing. Viral pneumonia has no antibiotics and just like that for this instance, there are no antivirals specific to this particular virus. There is currently no vaccine but scientists around the world are racing to produce a vaccine to cure this virus but until now there aren’t any.